An Initiative supported by All India Professionals' Congress - Uttar Pradesh
- The poorest villages in the interiors of Uttar Pradesh in the process of being identified
- AIPC professionals to visit villages multiple times, trying to break the taboo and talking to the inhabitants.
- Main village Event
- 200,000 reusable sanitary pads to be distributed in 2 sizes for girls and women
- Workshops to be conducted on menstrual health & hygiene
- The poorest villages to be reached in the first phase
- A beginning made to oust “The Shame” from periods
- End of the "Age of Silence and Myths" around menstruation
- Improvement in women’s health
- Contribution of girls/women to society enhanced
- Improved standard of living
- Women's Empowerment – the ultimate goal
Monitoring & Follow Up
- Is there more talk about menstrual hygiene amongst women ?
- Are schools going girls talking more freely to their friends and parents?
- What has been the experience of moving to pads?
- Is drying pads a problem?
- Are users experiencing overall better health psychologically?
- Are users experiencing overall lesser gynaecological problems?
- For adolescent girls, has the attendance in schools improved?